E2 Visa for Investors – What’s It All About?

by keith on May 8, 2011

The E-2 visa is an attractive option for foreign nationals living in countries with which the United States has a treaty relationship, and who want to come to the US to invest their money. One big advantage of this visa over the EB-5 investor Green Card is, that there is no minimum required amount that has to be invested. Usually, the minimum required amount to qualify for the EB-5 Green Card is 1 million USD.

What are the requirements for obtaining an E-2 Investor Visa?

You are from a country that has an appropriate treaty with the United States
You have invested a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide US enterprise
Your objective for being in the United States is to develop and direct this business
You intend to leave the United States at the end of the E2 Visa

Investment means, that the investor puts his capital at risk with the goal of generating profit. The investment in the company has to be substantial to show that the investor’s interest is sincere. The government will check the amount of the investment in proportion to the value of the business to determine, if the investment actually is substantial.

The investment must be personal business capital and subject to loss, if the business fails. It must be irrevocably committed to the business.

A substantial donation to a non-profit organization will not qualify for an E-2 treaty investor visa.

It is possible for your spouse and children to accompany you on the E2 Visa. E2 status is valid for two years if you apply within the US and can be extended. If you apply for the E2 visa outside of the US the E2 visa may be valid for up to five years depending on the the specific US Embassy.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810

Email: vince.davis@laimmigrationlawyers.net

Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Schedule a consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California

Previous post:

Next post: