Work Visa

Los Angeles Work Visas Lawyers

Non-Immigrant Work Visas are strictly for temporary employment in the US. For Immigrant Visas, you are wanting to read about Permanent Resident Cars under the “Green Card” category.

What is a Work Visa?

A work visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows you to enter the US and work for a temporary amount of time. It is usually for several years depending on the type of visa. If you are already in the US, you don’t even need a visa. Instead, you can apply to change your legal status to receive work authorization. Remember, you only need a visa to enter the US.

How do I qualify for a work visa in the US?

To qualify for a work visa, you must have a job offer from a US employer that is willing to sponsor you. Employer sponsorship means paying your salary, signing necessary immigration documents and obeying immigration laws. If you are not in the US, you must apply for a work visa at a US consulate/embassy in your home country. If you are already in the US, you will need to change your legal status to receive work authorization.

Can I apply for Permanent Residency (“Green Card”)?

Yes. After you enter the US, you may apply for permanent residency (a green card). However, there may be travel restrictions after you apply for permanent residency depending on your visa type. Please speak with a Southern California Immigration Attorney from Vincent W. Davis & Associates so you can get a first hand assessment of all your legal options that are available to you.

What types of Work Visas are available?

There are many types of work visas available to persons overseas and in the US. Types of work visas include:

J-1 Visa for Trainees and Exchange Visitors
H-1B Visa for Professional Workers
E-1 Visa for International Trade Workers
E-2 Visa for Investors and Essential Workers
E-3 Visa for Australian Professional Workers
TN Visa for Canadian and Mexican Professional Workers
L-1A Visa for Multinational Company Managers, Executives and <
L-1B Visa for Multinational Company Workers w/ Specialized Knowledge
P-1 Visa for Entertainers, Athletes and Artists
R-1 Visa for Religious Workers
F-1 Visas for Students
H-2A Visa for Agricultural Workers
H-2B Visa for Temporary or Seasonal Workers
I Visa for Journalists and Reporters
O-1 Visas for Persons of Extraordinary Abilities in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics
Other visas are also available if you qualify.

If you believe that you qualify for any of the above work visas, please call a Los Angeles County Area Immigration Attorney from Vincent W. Davis & Associates. A compassionate and experienced Immigration Attorney will speak with you and discuss all of your available options. When we have a clear understanding of unique situation, you can choose the right work visa for you and your situation.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810


Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California