Temporary Work Visa – H1B Visa

H1B Visa Lawyers Los Angeles

Temporary Work Visa H1B is Suitable for:

The US H1B visa is a non-immigrant visa, which allows a US company to employ a foreign individual for up to six years. Applying for a non-immigration visa is generally faster than applying for a US Green Card, therefore it is more common that staffs required on long-term assignment in the US are often initially brought in using a non-immigrant visa such as the H1B visa.

The US H1B visa is a also useful for foreign professionals with specialized knowledge, such as scientists, engineers, programmers, research analysts, management consultants, journalists, accountants, and others with Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.


Individuals can not apply for an H1B visa. If you are the potential employee researching these laws you need to have your employer spearhead the process. Employers must petition for entry of the employee(s). Be advised, H1B visas are subject to annual numerical limits.

US employers are allowed to begin applying for the H-1B visa a full six months before the actual start date of the visa. Since the beginning of the FY 2012 is October 1, 2011, employers can apply as soon as April 1, 2011 for the FY 2012 cap, but the beneficiary cannot start work until October 1st 2011.

The initial H1B visa may be granted for up to three years. It may then be extended for an additional three years, to a maximum of six years. Those wishing to remain in the US for more than six years may, while still in the US on an H1B visa, apply for permanent residence (a “Green Card”). If employees wanting to stay longer than six years do not gain permanent residence, when the six year period runs out, they must live outside the US for at least one year before an application is made for them to enter on either an H or an L visa.

Once a company has brought an employee to the US on an H1B visa, should the company dismiss that employee before the expiration date of the that visa, the company is liable for any reasonable costs that the employee incurs in moving back to their last foreign residence. This provision covers only dismissal. It does not apply if an employee chooses to resign.

If you need assistance with H1B Visas please call Los Angeles County’s preeminent Immigration law firm: Vincent W. Davis & Associates where an Immigration Attorney will speak with you or your companies’ HR department to discuss all of your available options.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810

Email: vince.davis@laimmigrationlawyers.net

Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California