Temporary Work Visa – H1 Visa & H1A Visa

Los Angeles Work Visas Lawyers

H1 Visa and H1A Visa — “Temporary Work Visas” are Suitable For:

  • Foreign agricultural workers with job offers from U.S. companies.
  • U.S. companies hiring foreign workers to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature.

Requirements for an H2-A Work Visa

There are two general requirements to obtain workers on H2A visas.  First of all, the employer must demonstrate that there are not sufficient, able, willing and qualified US workers available at the time and place needed.  Second, the employer must show the use of foreign workers will not create an adverse effect on the wages or working conditions of similarly employed US workers in that geographical area.  Farm workers generally receive either an hourly wage or are paid via “piece work.” That said, under the H2A program H-2A workers must be offered the same wages as US workers would receive for the same work.  This has been interpreted to mean the higher of the following:

  • The industry’s prevailing wage in that specific labor market.
  • The state or federal minimum wage, or
  • The “adverse effect wage rate”.
  • NOTE: The adverse effect wage rate, or AEWR, is currently set at the prior year’s average hourly wage for agricultural and livestock workers determined by the Department of Agriculture.

Employers are required to provide H2A workers with a number of benefits.

  • The employee must be provided with transportation to and from the worker’s temporary home to the workplace.
  • When the contract period is up, the employer must provide the worker with transportation home or to their next workplace.
  • Employers must provide housing to all H2A workers who do not commute.  The housing must be inspected by the Department of Labor and must meet minimum federal standards for temporary labor camps.
  • The employer must provide either three meals a day or facilities in which the worker can prepare food.
  • The employer must provide any tools and supplies necessary to perform the work.
  • The employer must also provide workers’ compensation insurance to all H2A workers.

If you need assistance with H1A Visas please call a Los Angeles County Immigration Attorney from Vincent W. Davis & Associates who will speak with you or your companies’ HR department to discuss all of your available options.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810

Email: vince.davis@laimmigrationlawyers.net

Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California