Visa Application

All About US Visas – Legal Guidance and Expert Help with your Visa Application

Los Angeles VISA Lawyers

What is a Visa?

A visa is a document inside your passport that allows you to enter the US from a foreign country. You must make your Visa Application and obtain a visa at the US consulate/embassy in your home country before coming to the US.

If you are already in the U.S. you do not need a visa. A visa is only used to enter the US. A visa is not used or necessary to stay in the US. To stay in the US, you must have legal status. See below for more about legal status.

What is Legal Status?

After you have entered the US using your visa, you must maintain legal status. Legal status allows you to legally stay in the US until the expiration date stamped on your I-94 form located in your passport. When your I-94 expires, so does your legal status.

Type of Visas

There are two types of visas: Non-immigrant Visas and Immigrant Visas.

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-Immigrant visas allow you to enter the US for a temporary period for the purpose of pleasure, business, work, studies, investment, etc. Temporary stay may be allowed for a few months up to many years depending on the type of visa. When you have completed the purpose of your visa (pleasure, business, work), you must return to your home country unless you have applied for permanent residence (green card).

Types of Non-Immigrant Visas include:

  • H-1B Visa for Professional Workers
  • H-2B Visa for Seasonal Workers
  • H-3 Visa for Professional Trainees
  • B-1 Visa for Tourists and Short-Term Business
  • B-2 Visa for Tourists and Short-Term Business
  • E-1 Visa for International Trade Workers
  • E-2 Visa for Investors or Essential Employees
  • E-3 Visa for Australian Professional Workers
  • F-1 Visa or Students
  • J-1 Visa for Academic Trainees L-1 Visa for Multinational Company Employees
  • K-1 Visa for Fiances of US Citizens
  • O-1 Visa for Persons of Extraordinary Abilities
  • P-1 Visa for Athletes and Entertainers
  • R-1 Visa for Religious Workers
  • TN Visa for Canadian and Mexican Professional Workers
  • Other Non-immigrant Visas are also available.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant Visas allow you to enter the US for permanent residency (“Green Card”). There are only two types of immigrant visas: Employment-based immigrant visas (“EB”) and Family-based immigrant visas (“FB”).

Types of Immigrant Visas include:

  • EB-1 Visa for Priority Workers (Multinational Executives, Outstanding Researchers, Extraordinary Ability)
  • EB-2 Visa for Advanced Degree Workers or National Interest Waivers
  • EB-3 Visa for Skilled and Unskilled Workers
  • EB-4 Visa for Special Immigrants (Religious, Battered Spouses)
  • EB-5 Visa for Investors
  • FB-1 Visa for unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. Adult means 21 years of age or older.
  • FB-2 Visa for spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children (under twenty-one), and the unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents.
  • FB-3 Visa for married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens.
  • FB-4 Visa for brothers and sisters of adult U.S. Citizens.

Call and speak to a Los Angeles County Immigration Attorney to find out which visa is right for you. An Vincent W. Davis & Associates Immigration Lawyer will present you with all your available legal options and create a customized plan for your immigration into the United States.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810


Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California