Obtaining Permanent Residency Through Marriage

Marriage is a Common Path to Permanent Residency

Get a Green Card Through Marriage

Every year thousands of foreign nationals receive permanent residency by marrying a U.S. citizen. In order to acquire permanent residency the foreign national who is living in the United States is required to file an application to adjust her or his immigration status with USCIS. The process of obtaining permanent residency through marriage to a United States citizen is not automatic and all the requirements must be met.

By marrying a United States citizen, the U.S. government presumes you have the intention of applying for Permanent Residency. Even if you really didn’t intent this to be so, the government expects the outcome. In fact, the U.S. government require that if you are getting married outside the U.S. or traveling outside the U.S. after marriage without having applied for Permanent Residency in advance, you MUST then apply for an immigrant visa at the nearest U.S. consulate. Upshot? Obtaining permanent residency through marriage is very common and the paperwork flow is usually quick and painless as the government is all prepared to process your paperwork — IF you file it!

After the couple is married the United States citizen must file an I 130 and the foreign national is required to file application for adjustment of status, I-485. The requirements include documents to prove that the two people do live together as a married couple and a medical examination. If the marriage is less than two years old, the USCIS will issue a conditional permanent residency status.

If you are considering marriage to a US citizen or you are a US citizen contemplating marriage to a non citizen it would be worth your time to get all the facts and specific advice as to obtaining Permanent Residency. Please call a Los Angeles County Immigration Lawyer from Vincent W. Davis & Associates. We are experts in family and marriage immigration law.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810

Email: vince.davis@laimmigrationlawyers.net

Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California