Green Card through Work

Green Card through Work

PERM Labor Certification – Employment-Based Green Card

One of the most common ways to get a “Green Card” – – – to become a permanent resident – – – is through your job. This is also know as “Employment-based” immigration or “EB.” There are five categories in EB immigration. See the list below to find the right EB category for you.

EB-1 Category:

EB-1 VISAS – are designed for certain multinational executives and managers; outstanding professors and researchers; and those who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.

To qualify, you must be one of the following:

  • A person of extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, education, business or athletics; or
  • An outstanding professor or researcher; or
  • A foreign manager or executive transferring to the US

EB-2 Category:

EB-2 VISAS – are for foreign nationals who are designated as professionals with an ‘advanced degrees’ (eg: masters degree or higher) and with a job offer from a US company; for foreign nationals with ‘exceptional ability’ in the sciences, business or arts and with a job offer from a US company; and for foreign nationals with exceptional ability, or an advanced degree, who can show that their activities will substantially benefit the US national interest.

To qualify, you must satisfy one of the following:

  • Have at least a master’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree);
  • Have a bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) plus 5-years of work experience; or
  • Have exceptional ability in sciences, arts or business.

EB-3 Category:

EB-3 VISAS – are for ‘professional workers’ with a U.S. bachelor’s or foreign equivalent university degree and with a job offer from a US company; for ‘skilled workers’ for positions that require at least two years of training or experience and with a job offer from a US company; for ‘unskilled workers’ for positions that require less than two years training or experience and with a job offer from a US company.

There are two sub-categories within this category.

1. – Professionals & Skilled Workers:

To qualify, you must satisfy one of the following:

  • Have at least 2 year of work experience; or
  • Have at least a two-year associate’s degree (or foreign equivalent degree);or
  • Have any higher degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree).

2. – Unskilled Workers:

  • This category includes any person that does not qualify for any other EB category.

EB-4 Category:

To qualify, you must have been a religious worker for at least 2 years and:

  • Be a minister or priest; or
  • Be a professional worker having at least a bachelor’s degree; or
  • Be in a religious vocation or occupation for your organization or its non-profit affiliate.

EB-5 Category:

To qualify, you must do one of the following:

  • Invest at least $500,000 in the US in a government-approved regional center; or
  • Invest at least $1,000,000 ($1 million) anywhere in the US

The five EB categories listed above are the most basic requirements for permanent residency through your job or pending job offer. Call and speak with a Los Angeles County Immigration Attorney who will explain the entire Permanent Resident (Green Card) process. Our local Immigration Lawyers are expert in business immigration and can help you obtain your goals.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810


Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California