Green Card Through Investment

Green Card through Investment

Green Card through Investment

The US government encourages foreign investors to both live and work in the United States. To get a “Green Card” – – to become a permanent resident as a foreign investor – – you must meet the following requirements:

  • Invest at least $500,000 in a government-approved regional center; or
  • Invest at least $1,000,000 ($1 million) anywhere in the US

About the $500,000 Investment Requirements

What is a regional center?

EB-5 Regional Center Project

A regional center is:

  • is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved by the government;
  • an entity, organization or agency that focuses on a specific geographic area in the US; and
  • an entity, organization or agency that seeks to promote economic growth through increased export sales, improved regional productivity, the creation of new jobs, and/or increased domestic capital investment.

Simply put… most qualifying “regional centers” are companies usually located in an economically underdeveloped region in the US that has been found by the government to be in need of financial investment for the promotion of economic growth and jobs.

What are the advantages of investing in a regional center?

Some advantages include the following:

  • No need for you to actively manage the company or investment.
  • Your investment is assumed to have created at least 10 additional jobs. (This is the requirement for the minimum $1 million investment.)
  • You invest less money. You only need to invest half the usual $1 million investment needed for permanent residency.
  • The process is usually faster and simpler to take advantage of because the regional center is already government-approved for EB-5 investors. This means that the documentation for your green card application can be ready faster and you will become a permanent resident that much sooner.

About $1,000,000 Investment Requirements

US Franchises offer Safe Opportunities...

If your finances permit, you can also become a permanent resident by investing $1 million in any industry or location in the US. This option offers the most flexibility for your investment.

How would I invest $1 million?

There are three (3) ways to invest:

  1. By starting a whole new business; or
  2. By purchasing an existing business and restructuring it, or
  3. By purchasing a troubled business and expanding it by 140% or retaining all existing jobs for a determined period of time.

What are the basic requirements?

  • Your investment must directly or indirectly create 10 jobs; and
  • You must actively manage your investment and business.

What are the advantages of investing $1 million?

  • Complete control over your financial investment and business.
  • You have the choice to choose the type of business.
  • You choose your employees for the business.
  • You choose the geographic location of your business.

Frequently asked questions about EB-5

How do I the Investment Process?

Contact a Lawyer. More specifically, call a Los Angeles County Immigration Lawyer from Vincent W. Davis & Associates. We can answer all of your business and legal questions and help you prepare and process your EB-5 application.

Do I have to be physically in the US to invest?

No. Which is very good for those with family and business interests abroad. You can invest from your home country and then enter the US as with your “Green Card” — as a permanent resident after your application is approved. On the other hand, if you are already in the US, you can invest and then receive your green card without having to return to your home country.

How & when will I get a Green Card – – become a Permanent Resident?

As soon as your EB-5 application is approved, you will receive a conditional green card that is valid for two (2) years. You must then file another application to remove the conditional status on your green card 90 days prior to its expiration. To remove conditional status, you must prove that your investment and business still meet all EB-5 requirements. After the conditional status has been removed, you will receive a new green card that is valid for ten (10) years. At this point your investment has paved the way for a full dozen years in the US.

How long does it take to receive a Conditional Green Card?

Typically – 3 to 6 months.

Can I apply for US Citizenship?

Absolutely! You and your immediate family members may apply for US citizenship a few years after receiving your green card.

To get the EB-5 Investment Process started – contact an Immigration Attorney from Vincent W. Davis & Associates. We can help you with the entire process, from creating a new corporation or LLC to all the paperwork necessary to take full advantage of the EB-5 process.

Vincent W. Davis Open 8 am - 8 pm Monday to Friday

Call Us Now! (888) 506-6810


Nine Convenient Offices:

Arcadia, Beverly Hills, La Mirada, Los Angeles, Irvine, Ontario, Riverside, Long Beach, Woodland Hills

Click Here For A Free Consultation
We speak English • Se habla español • Мы Говорим по-Русски • We speak Chinese • We speak Vietnamese Free consultation • Flexible appointments

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (626) 446-6442
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (310)-880-5733

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: 888-888-6542

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (213)-400-4132

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (949)-203-3971
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (909)-996-5644

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (619)-885-2070

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (714) 721-3822

Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
We attempt to connect you with an Immigration Attorney up to 10 PM ~ 7 Days a Week!

Law Offices of: Vincent W. Davis, Esq.

"The Experience You NEED ▪ The Dedication You DESERVE"

Contact Page & Map to Office

Los Angeles • Los Angeles County • Orange County • Riverside County • Ventura County • San Bernardino County • & Surrounding Communities of Southern California